At Helitreck, our specialised helicopters have large internal cargo areas with the capability to carry sizeable quantities of freight, food supplies, and building materials.
During floods and other natural disasters our specialised helicopters provide vital aerial emergency assistance.
Larger objects can be slung in cargo nets below the helicopter. We can provide fodder drops to isolated stock, reconnaissance and mapping of affected areas, transport of EMS Crews, and pick up a reasonable amount of passengers from rooftops as required.
Our BK117s are capable of landing in small areas, and can be quickly reconfigured for SAR roles, including winching, and we have fully trained Down-the-Wire Rescue Crewmen to ensure all operations on the ground and in the air are carried out in accordance with the utmost safety in mind.
Helitreck helicopters are always prepared for Australia’s extreme weather conditions as one of the regular helicopter operations that we are involved with is flood relief and rescue.
Flood Relief Helicopter tasks include…
– Evacuating people by winching into helicopters
– Relocation and rescue of animals and livestock by helicopter
– Helicopter food and water supply drops
– Delivery of medical supplies by helicopter
– Emergency helicopter medical evacuation
– Helicopter aerial survey
– Clearing of debris and rubbish removal